Final Project Progress 04

 I chose to explore the concept of home and personal growth, since there are so many different ways I can incorporate this theme into an abstract art piece. I started by taking a picture of a few pages of my journal, and drawing in vines to symbolize the growth that comes from this process for me, and how that has helped me grow into feeling at home with myself. 

I want to animate the letters "Home is not conventional" or "Home is found within" overtop of this... I just wonder if that isn't enough? Can I push this further, is it too simple, would making a series add to this idea? 
Update: I chose to animate the words "HOME IS FEELING LIKE:" (I plan on making a series), I played with color schemes but settled for a hot pink because I felt that it stood out the most. 
Alternative color scheme:
I really liked the texture and variety the newspaper theme brought in my previous progress works, so I chose to use it in the other parts of the series for home. (these parts will also be animated.) 

Not sure if I like the typeface? Might hand drawn/animate the letters in to keep a theme going, however, I also like the concept of using different typefaces for each piece to show how broad, different and unique identity and connecting with yourself can be. From there, I used procreate to make this sketch:
and I moved the text around this image (adding a white drop shadow) to create this animation:
which will act as the second piece. I plan on everything altogether saying "Home is feeling like it's okay to be yourself." I think the newspaper print is symbolic of how we are constantly immersing ourselves in the lives of others, how they look in the public eye and how we look in the public eye, something most people have to unlearn to do in order to feel like they can be themselves (something we do when we are at home.) Using this symbolism, I drew myself coming out of this dark place, immerging from the world of the media, to become more comfortable with who I am. I feel like constantly worrying about other peoples perceptions of us keeps us from being able to find the comfortableness of being yourself (which is my definition of home.)









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cyclical Nature Progress 02

Cyclical Nature Progress 01