Final Project Progress 02




 I decided to try to approach some kind of a theme to have more of a message or purpose behind my final, and ended up trying all kinds of different directions. The first stab I took at it was a spring themed project; I went outside and took a series of photos (more than I will be showing here) of some of the growth of spring. The original photos I used are the first and the third; the middle image was one of the beginning of "spring" iterations that I found myself abandoning. I chose to abandon this idea because (1) computer issues, but most importantly (2) I really want to push myself to explore a theme or skill that I haven't yet with this class. I thoroughly enjoyed the idea of combining media and textures, so I decided to explore that concept.

I started by creating a collage of newspaper 
and then layered another (larger) newspaper on top to blend them together. Here are a few of the different blending modes I liked:


I decided to use the third picture. I intend on creating some kind of ink blotch to go in the center that could be animated. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cyclical Nature Progress 02

Cyclical Nature Progress 01