Destroy the Icon Progress 05

 At this point I have created two out of four solid iterations.


In working on my third, I used photoshop's stylize filter to create an oil paint and "embossed" look 
From here, I used the pattern stamp tool and played around with different patterns (I copied her eye, then took the Afghan symbol from the Afghan flag, and began to play with that.) I liked the Afghan flag look, so I painted the figure of the Afghan girl with this pattern. 
I used blending modes to blend the flag into the images, adding another image of the Afghan girl on top of the blended/meshed images, using a crystallized pixelated effect (on the second Afghan girl image) before using another blending mode.

**layer one- oil paint & embossed effect, normal blending mode
**layer two: painted stamps with linear light blending mode 
**layer three: crystallized pixelated effect, difference blending mode

And honestly? I think its worth mentioning that hiding layers and seeing the way some layers interact with each other outside of the additional blended layers can allow for a different perspective too. I was pleasantly surprised at variations that were created just by removing or adding layers I had been building on!
 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cyclical Nature Progress 02

Cyclical Nature Progress 01