Cyclical Nature Progress 01

 I'm not totally clear on how I am supposed to alter these images, so here is my current interpretation! I grabbed these images: 




I used the masking tool to cut out the oatmeal packets and the pouring water, and then I layered the images in this order with these effects:

Layer 1 (top): Boiling water image (blending mode: lighter color)
Layer 2: Masked pouring water image (blending mode: soft light)
Layer 3: Masked oatmeal packets (blending mode: lighten)
Layer 4: Oatmeal bowl (normal)

To create this: 

I wanted to combine some of the stages of the cycle into one image; I feel like I incorporated some fun textures, shape and movement into this image. I intend to experiment with different images, using different effects to make a variety of iterations.






Comments

  1. I like the idea of meshing all the images of the process of doing something and turn it into one image. I think that it could be more clean and you could make it more interesting with some darker overlays. Also if you fill in the corners so that the image is more dynamic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also took the approach of layering my images together. I like how you concentrated your images towards the center of the frame so it looks like they're all within one pot. This piece has a lot of potential as you keep adding images from your contact sheet so I look forward to seeing where it goes from here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cyclical Nature Progress 02