Cyclical Nature Progress 04

 I was considering making this project a series, but for now aim for trying all different kinds of ideas to see what sticks. 

This composition feels far more interesting, I tried to sharpen that abstract shape I had going in some of the earlier compositions and create more of a clear focal point. This picture speaks less to a deeper meaning and more to a literal meaning; showing dried oats, water and finished oatmeal, which are bits and pieces of the steps in the cycle of beginning to end (for a bowl of oatmeal.) I additionally feel like this image has good texture but needs improvement with the edges of the stamp tool oatmeal pattern (zigzag edges along the bowl)

Here it is cleaned up: Plus I added an extra empty bowl about to be filled in trying to make this piece feel more like a cycle. 
I added a packet of oatmeal pouring into the second bowl to really drive in that repetitive cycle. I went between my ipad and computer to clean up the bowl and add oats!
I tried adding an image of space to additionally layer on a concept of time passage (and a fun contrast in small oats representing the many different lives going on to broad, big vast space.) Not sure how I feel about this iteration.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cyclical Nature Progress 02

Cyclical Nature Progress 01